Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's about that time of the year!

Rando!

"First off I just wanted to give a shout out to my brother, Austin. Roomies next year in Sagamore, it's going down. Get it poppin! RB in the building!" I obviously did not write this quote, but nice try Austin, you got busted! Still love you though...we need to get started on that bucket list ASAP! Anyways, I have been slacking on updating my blog on time, no doubt. It's that time of the year, the time where academics take over your life completely.Yes, finals are officially around the corner. Lots to do and less time for bloging.
Academics:

Although I hate admitting to having easy academic weeks at Stonehill, I will say that last week was a little less stressful. Doesn't mean I did not have much to do last week, it just means I didn't stress as much. Because last week seems so long ago, it is best to just go down the line in order of days and make life easier for myself. Well, it is finals season and I am currently working on my portrait workshop and figure drawing finals. I think I did dicuss how complicated my portrait workshop final is a couple blogs ago. It has been about two full weeks going to three weeks since the project was assigned and I have not put in as much time as I should for a couple weeks worth of work. Apparently so did the rest of my class because the professor almost lost her mind last week in class. We presented the  working progress and lets just say, she was not too please about it. She got so angry she could no longer afford to see our slacking fases. Her solution was to send everyone home for the day to continue working on the final projects and submit it at 4:30pm the following day. Lets just say I have been working my ass off on the project since that incident.  For some reason I have been on a role in terms of grades over the past couple weeks. I got my literature paper back after like three weeks of Howe holding onto it, and I got a B+! The paper was about the use of  satire in Gulliver's travels. Although I did well in analyzing Swift's use of satire, I made the silliest mistakes to man-kind. I did not include a title and I forgot to cite my source. Thats about as silly of a mistake as it gets. I am not sure how it affected my grade but I surely am Glad about the B+, especially know how tough of a grader Howe is. Definately one of the toughest I've came accross by far. I also got a 90% on my healthcare quizes, well for the second week in a role. Since the first couple quizes, I always feel like I did terrible, because I am not studying as much, but yet I keep beasting on them.

 Favorite assignment of the week? My philosoply paper on beauty. Of all my options I chose to make a theory on beauty. No wonder I handed it in late, I couldn't think of anything to write about! When I finally got my act together, it came out very philosophical. The entire paper was basically about me indirectly rejecting Kant and Burk's theory of beauty as sublime. It went something like this; "My perspective is that beauty is not always sublime or cute and charming (Burke). It is not always overwhelming or some kind of mental obstacle that needs to be overcome, nor is it ever about fear and overcoming those mental fears (Kant). Beauty can be subjective; an idea, or  the act of something; or an objective, it is tangible or sight". Pretty bad thesis, but I always kill the arguments with my philosophical thoughts. I think I need to see the Thesis gods or something because I truly suck at writing it. Well, I just gonno have to wait and see what Velazquez thinks. I can not wait for my last bi-weekly paper. Now that's going to be a blast because I will be analyzing the biblical scene where Satan  manipulated Adam and Eve into eating the apple, in comparison to a stranger/rapist/creeper tricking a child with candy. Now that's exciting!

I unfortunately didn't get to creep on any applicant's college essay this past week because I didn't work. I was caught up in doing last minute school work and I had a Doctor's appointment on friday. Talking about Doctor's apointment, I actually barely made the appointment. I made it thirty second before the deadline. And as for the rest of the weekend? Well, it was Spring Weekend. That basically explains it all. What matters is that I am still here and ready to go hard in the books for the rest of the semester. Lots of plans going on this summer, I can not wait to blog about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment