Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week Back From Easter!

Easter Break, The Benefit of a Catholic School

I had so many plans for staying ahead with work and catching up with rest during the easter break. Like usual, that plan went down the drain. I requested to be scheduled for work all week. From wednesday, the same day I left the Hill, until monday before returning to the Hill. I think I may be the craziest person I know but oh well, there's no such thing as rest for an individual who is hungry for success. Of course I did not work on Sunday, it was my only day of rest. Much like God who worked all six days, rested on the 7th day (Sunday), and nothing like Jesus Christ rose from the dead on Easter Sunday. Random connection but I just thought I would test my Biblical skills a little. The last thing I actually got to do all week was rest. I was literally hopping from place to place socializing with friends, and family. I did not once open a notebook to attempt catching up with school assignments. Well, atleast I taught about it a couple times? Just thinking about it definately did not  help me much coming back to school.


Academic Week 

It wasn't that bad of an academic week, suprisenly. Actually I lied, what I meant is I did not stress as much as I usually do, but it was still a challenging week. Major assignments; Reading Response for Literature, a Philosophy paper, usual Healthcare chapter assignments, a quiz and a Scenario. For the literature reading response, I had to write about an artlcle called SF and the Human Imagination. In the passage, the author basically questions; “Why do we so frequently put monsters at the edges of the maps, or under the bed and also_in some of its form_in stories of the adventure-romance type?” Such an interesting question. I Basically responded by admitting to never being aware of monsters being frequestly put at the end of maps. I also testified to only being aware of monsters only being associated with darkness and how they are usually known for living under beds and in closets. The passage then went into Utopia, Distopia, and all that good stuff. I personally love Philosophy because it always requires writing about cool topics and putting my Philosophical skills to the test. For my bi-weekly paper I chose to basically make my own theory about morality. My thesis went something like this; "Much like Burke, I believe that we as humans have similar morals on a basic level. On a complex level, we tend to have different views of life and develop different morals due to individuality". Looking back at it, it is somewhat of a weak thesis but I think he got the point cause I got a "B" on it. I didn't do as well as I expected because I guess I did not provide enough objective. Or atleast I did not gave a detailed enough objective. Besides getting a 90% on my last Healthcare quiz, my Scenario went pretty smooth. The task was, I'm an adult who recently moved into Chicago, Illinois. Because I am new into the environment, I am responsible for finding an Insurance, a Hospital, and a Primary Physician. I did a couple researches through google, came across a couple good government websites, but they weren't relevant to the info. I needed. So I called up an emergency plan, my cool friend Vikki aka Victoria Kane who is actually from Chicago. Well, she basically got on the phone with her mother and just like that, problem was solved. As for my art classes, my overall work from this semester will be publicized soon. Most likely on facebook. At this moment I am working on my final project for portrait workshop. It is pretty difficult to describe in words but it is definately going to be one of the sickest projects I have ever done! It's going to take three pages of 24X26" papers. Yes very big, very exciting, extremely creative, lots of time but very worth it!


General Taughts:



So once in a while I tend to creep on a couple applicant's college essays so I can find something interesting to write about. Last week while doing my usual job, I came across a kid who is basically living my dreams. Literally, this kid has the almost perfect life every adult wants, but he is living it at only 17 years of age. He was born in England, raised in Ireland, and currently an American citizen. He speaks three languages, English, Irish, and French. He also understands lating because he's been studying it for six years! What the hell? You would think, how the hell is this kid only 17? But thats not enough, it doesnt stop there.  He plays Scoccer, Lacross, Football, Rugby, and Tennis! What?! What is he, Superman? Well anyways, This kid is the official traveler everyone wants to be like when they grow up, and he's not even grown! Why? According to him, he has been to Asia, Europe, and obviously North America. Where in Asia? China, the Forbidden City, Terracitta worriors (not sure who they are), the Olympic stadium in Beijing, Walk on the great wall of China! Hong Kong, and Bairritz, France! This kid is seriously living the Dream. According to him Stonehill has a good rep. world wide. How exciting is that? That's how he found out about stonehill. Oh of course his Gand Uncle was a student here in the 1970s. Now thats some good facts. Well thats it for last week. I am loving this blogging stuff more and more every week, and it is getting longer and loger every week. Lets see how what this week holds. Spring Weekend coming up! Woop Woop! Lord have Mercy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment