Monday, February 20, 2012

Stonehill College Peer Mentor..Haterrrs!!!

Words to describe this past week? EXCITING HELL WEEK! Busy is officially an uderstatement! It was surely a test of my academic ability this semester so far. But why was it hell week? I had a Phisolophy and a Literature paper due on Thursday. Two papers in less than 24 hours, it could not get any better. Looking on the bright side, the topics were pretty interesting. For Philosophy I had the choise of picking a topic to write about, using information about philosophical  theories covered in class. Using Aristotle's theory of Catharsis, I wrote and analyzed a story told by my good friend Julia Kennedy about another friend's drunk/hysterical/embarrassing moment. For Literature, I had to do a closing reading on any of the recent passages that was read for class. Of course I wrote about Cinderella. Any close reading assignment is always a pain but can the topic get can better than Cinderella? Most likely not.  And then comes Healthcare. Not even going into it because every week in healthcare is a load of homework and a quiz or scenerio. Though it keeps me extremely busy, it does not compare to Bio101 and Chemistry last semester; and for those reasons I can never complain. Well atleast not as much! Now why was it such an exciting week? Well, what is life without goals? A life without purpose I believe. But because my life has a purpose, I tend to set goals and work towads achieving thems. My very first blog stated what my goals were for this semester: "3.2 GPA, Making the Peer Mentoring Program, the ALANA Big Brother and Sister program, and going down to New Orleans for Spring break!" Well first of all, my goal is no longer getting a 3.2 grade point averge, it is a 3.5. Second, I am officially a Peer Mentor and a leader of the ALANA-A Program at Stonehill! Words can not describe how exicited I am about this opportunity. I am also very proud of myself because becoming a Peer Mentor and an Older Brother is one of many high goals I have set and accomplished with in the past few years, along with running my 4th official Boston Marathon and becoming a scholarship recipient of the Ron Burton Training Village. In the words of the great Ron Burton.."people like nice people" and "someone is always watching". Who knows what my life would be like without those words. Most likely reckless and without a purpose. Also congrats to my best friend Austin Alfredson and his girlfriend Vicki  for also getting accepted into the peer mentoring program! We all know how awkward that would have been if one person got it and the other didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment