Sunday, February 26, 2012

There's always room for improvement!

This past week was hands down, the most interesting but relaxing week I've had this semester. I didn't have any beasty helthcare quizes nor did I have any ridiculous papers to write for Phisolophy or Literature. Aside from reading Gulliver's Travels about being attacked by little 6-inch people, my revised Healthcare Scenario number two was dued. It was quite a complicated assignment and I am not sure how it is going to turn out. I basically have fingers crossed at this moment, seing how tough of a grader Professor Glavin is. Friday night was the night of the Peer Mentor meet and greet event. I got to meet the rest of the squad through some introduction/ice breaker games. It was overall a fun night but I am excited to get to know everyone on a more personal level. Also who my partner is going to be because like I told the group in one of the ice breakers, no matter who it is, we are going to have the best orientation group. Next is the PM retreat scheduled for next friday. Being a freshman I have absolutely no clue what it is going to be like, but I am excited. Saturday the 25th was the day of my ABS training. It was nothing like what I expected it to be. In preparation of the training, I had to read a couple articles and watch a couple videos about leadership and diversity. During the process, I came accross a poem that truly inspired me. Funny because the Poem was taken for a certain inspiration website I didn't know exsisted prior to the training. I no longer have access to the poem but I remember two very important quotes. "Know the rules, and learn to break them properly."  The quote it self says it all. I wouldn't have gotten written up and charged for pressense of alcohol if I was fully aware of the rules and how strict it is. The other quote, "Do not let a little dispute ruin a great relationship." Definately one of my greatest flaws. For some reason, it is always the little things that gets to me, and when they do, I tend to lose it. But hey, who said I was perfect? I am still growing and I am still learning. But anyways, It was over all a great week of learning and I am looking foward to what Peer Mentor and the ABS program have to offer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment