Monday, March 5, 2012

Peer Mentor = Best Decision I've made at Stonehill

This past week is by far the most exciting week I have had this semester, socially atleast. Not so bad academically but not exciting either. My only exciting academic moment I would say is getting an 85 on my Healthcare quiz after getting a 75 on the last one. I made a notecards for it almost a week before and never had the time to look over it. I thought I was going to bomb it but some how I pulled off a beautiful 85 and I am not complaining. One of my major assignments for healthcare this week was to come up with a topic for my upcoming research paper. I was thinking about Physical Therapy because it is something I would love to get into at somepoint in the future, but I chose medical malpractice instead thanks to my good friend Asad. As much as I love PT I don't think it's research material, I needed a topic I was unfamiliar with, and entertaining as well.  I also had a Philosophy paper dued on thursday. Most likely one of the easiest papers I have had to do by far, at Stonehill. Why was it so great? Well first of all, I was gaven a million topics to choose from. Second, I chose the easiest topic there was. All I literally had to do was read an article called Dead Baby Joke Cycle, summerize it and gave an evaluation and my comments on it. No thesis, no detailed analysis, nothing but me talking about how disgusting and sick minded Americans who like Dead Baby Jokes other sick humor jokes are. Can't get better than that, I love expressing myself. And of course the same professor AKA the great Valazquez gave us the option to vote when to take our midterm exam. And of course we choose the 28, almost a week after spring break, brilliant huh?  I think life and education at Stonehill would be heavenly if all other professors taught that way. Highlight of my week? Going to the Peer Mentor retreat at the Cape on Friday and Saturday. How can I describe my experiences? There is really no words to use that can truely express my feelings and thoughts towards it. All I can say is, Thank God for the opportunity. Applying for the program is hands-down, best decision I have made so far at stonehill. Words to describe the people I met: Great, Beautiful, Humble, Joyful, Family, Life Partners, Partners in Crime, Freaky, Where the wind blows, Peer Mentors etc. I can go on ever ever! Everyone is so unique in their own ways but yet we have so much in common! Talking about having alot in common, Colleen Marie, I met through one of the activities. She could potentially be my soulmate, well not quite like that but someone I would be friends with for a long, long time. The most random facts we have in common, and of course she thought or atleast over heard that I was adopted. Nope, sorry Colleen, though you think it would be cool coming from Liberia and being adopted, I have a lovely hard working mom at home, whom I love to death! Well, shes not exactly home at this moment, talking about Africa, she's there since saturday for the next two weeks. But anyways, it would be nice having to work with Colleen, but the chances are extremely low because we're both first year PMs. Like I said, overall, one of the best weeks I have had at stonehill and I can not wait to see where else or how far life goes with the PM fam from here. I love my ABS family as well, no doubt about that, but totally different experiences, and thats why I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment