Thursday, March 22, 2012

My NOLA Experiences: The Series IV

My NOLA Experience 
Part IV: Captain Sal's fried Chicken Gone Wild!
The overall week at the Olive Tree (name of where we stayed) was quite organized. As a whole, the KRUP crew was organized into 3 separate groups. Everyone in group were assigned to the same worksite and assigned specific chores throughout the week. Yes we had to do CHORES! As group 2, we didn't have meal making chores or bathroom duties. Thank God because I surely weren't willing to wake at 5:30am to make breakfast. Breakfast was open between 7-7:30am and I only made it on time twice out of the entire week. Not really a fan of breakfast so I thought I would take advantage of every second of sleep. But anyways, if I remember right my group chores were to do breakfast cleanup, dinner cleanup, lunch prep (which I did not participate in) and sweeping and mopping. The worksite set was pretty cool as well. Three groups were assigned to three different houses, all on the same street. The fourth group was stationed at a different site where they basically had to start from scratch. Meaning they did not have a structured house, aka they had to putting in walls themselves. Imagine the rain situation, not so fun. Within my assigned house, we were separated  into 3 smaller groups. The painting, doors, and the flooring crew. Each group had about 3-4 people, whom we worked with all week, doing the same task: painting, doors or flooring.  As a flooring expert, I thought I was going to have back problems by the end of the week. I literally spent hours and hours hammering away. I got so good at my job, I started thinking about quitting school and going into the construction business. It's a great workout, physically demanding, and I heard they get paid good amount of money. After the first day of intense work, me and a couple friends decided to see what Captain Sal's was all about. Captain Sal's was a fried chicken/sea food spot just a couple minute walk from the Olive Tree. Hands down, one of the best fried chicken I've ever had, all for a great price! Talking about cheap prices, me and of course ERIC went half and half on a 15 pieces mix of wrings, brest and thighs; all for only 11 bocs.  Although so cheap and so delicious, we could not finish the dish! Two almost grown ass men who eates a ton, giving into Captain Sal's 15-pieces of fried chicken! Just when you think it couldn't get anymore pathatic, we only ate half between the both of us. Yes only about 8 pieces of chicken total. I probably ate the eight piece knowing how much of a softy ERIC VANDERPOOL is! But the point is, Captain Sal's fried chicken doesn't play! Those things are like turkey size, just waiting to get the job done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment