Monday, March 19, 2012

My NOLA Experiences: The Series II

New Orleans:
                                                         Part II: The Adventure continues...
I was up again at 6 in the morning when the majority people on the bus were still knocked out. Looking out the window, I realized we were some where in West Virginia. I saw nothing but small square looking houses, barns, cows, horses, lots of forest and moutains. I continously saw a couple little houses in the middle of no where and nothing but mountains for miles. I was thinking, because they have so much land and such little properties, a person can literally create his/her own separate world and not have to worry about any type of rules and regulations of society. Also no theft, no robbery, no gang violence, definately no cops, good or crooke; just peaceful silence for miles. It's only you and family, a couple neighbors, animals and mountains for days. Sounds alot like heaven if you were a hill-billy! The Ignorant me would ask; why the hell would anyone want to live out there, in the middle of no where? But I didn't because being born in Liberia I've seen it all. Like they say, "been there, done that". Well not exactly because I never exactly lived in such empty space. Looking back at things, I wouldn't have mind having some breathing space after all. From what I can remember I almost always found myself living in a family house with a load of aunts and uncles and a million cousins. Thats another story for some other time. Well anyways, we latered stoped for breakfast around 8:00 or so. Me and some old and new friends from Roger Williams and Weeton decided to see what life was like at Arby's. What did I discover?   Extremely friendly people and GREAT service. Is there such thing as great service in the North? Umm, yeah maybe once in a million years! Like in a fancy restaurant or something. My favorite thing about Arby's was how they took our names down and called us up when the orders were ready. My friends and I got a good early morning laugh when the cashier called me up for my order: "Tom!" Me: "Yeah?" It was hysterical because it sounded like a mother calling her kid down for dinner. Fun fact: People down South call hash browns "potatoe cake". Well, aint that interesting? At 8pm, we took a dinner break in Mississippi where I had the best pizza of all time. Myself, Josh, Tyler, Alex, Dave, Tomas, took a quick stop a Pizza Hut, thinking it was going to be your typical Pizza Hut. Absolutely not, it was the most classy/fancy sit-down Pizza Hut we've ever seen. Not that we ever saw any prior to the trip. We ordered 1-large meat-lovers, a large paperoni and a large cheese. They were all devoured back to back as they came. It was so good I can't begain to describe the juiciness of it. And of course, it only cost us about 6 bocs each. Great service, great people, delicious and cheap food; it does not get any better than that. And oh yah, of course it was the first time I saw Black People! So far on the trip atleast. Not 1, not 2, or 3, 4, or 5; about 90percent of the restaurant was ran by blacks. In the words of my good friend Yohannes, "NO LIE!"      

No comments:

Post a Comment