Sunday, March 18, 2012

My NOLA Experiences: The Series I

New Orleans
 Part I: Intro to the South
The idea of a 26 hours road trip to NOLA sounds insane, but the bus ride it self was quite an advanture. From the movies to the talent show and of course the most uncomfortable sleep of my life. I literally cramped up in every position I attempted sleeping in. I most likely woke up three or four times during the night and stayed up for about 20 minutes or more at a time, whatching people sleep and looking out at the mountains and other cool land scapes. It was slightly creepy of me but I didn't have much of a choice. Like I said it was the most uncomfortable sleep I've ever had. Well on my creepy quest, I observed that people look pretty ugly when they sleep. I myself am pretty guilty of that, especially after getting to see a taged picture of me on facebook. Yeah, talking about Karma. I was comletely unaware of it until it was posted. Aside from watching people sleep, I saw some really cool sights. First one was at 3:00am in Virginia, well I didn't exactly know where I was at that point. But, It was a giant Cross lit up on the high way. If I have to guess, I would say probably about 20ft high. It was Sammy's (my bus buddy) determination of us being in the south, if that makes any sense. The Cross was a smart observation on Sammy's part, because such things are almost forbidden in the North, as far as I know. What a shame... And of course, Sammy had no memory of randomly being awake at 3am and seing a giant cross on the high way. She didn't even remember commenting on it! Such an interesting child she is. Anyways, I slowly dozed back to sleep for no longer than an hour and woke back up around 4:30am. This time, I recognized I was in West Virginia. I continued my quest of looking out in the moutains and saw one of the sickest sights I saw all week. It was 3-Crosses lit up on the moutains, just how it is portrayed in the Bible; Jesus in the middle of two sinners. Right then I felt as if I was in a totally different world. I also came to a realization that it was going to be a completely different experience than my past advantures. Like Burke the Philosopher would say, it was a sublime sight. Vast, beautiful, and overwelhming. One of many over whelming sights that were to come.

2 comments: